Wednesday, November 11, 2015

RIP

   Since my significant other was gone on one of his business trips, I decided to revisit some old places in SL. It was kinda one of those ...I wonder what ever happened to..... I have been doing a lot of revisiting of places to see that most of my old SL doesn't exist instead they are sex sims or just empty lots.  Here is my list of SL dead but not forgotten:

Last Call

         This was one of my favorite stores of all time.  Every time they would have a new release, you could not get into the store fast enough. They truly had a sense of style and one of the fashion icons in SL fashion  Unfortunately, one of the designers died in RL and the remaining designers did not want to carry on as Last Call/Dazzle.  They did reopen as the store, Archange, but never put the same effort as they did with Last Call. Even after all these years, I still will slip on one of their outfits and it will still be stylish as the first time I bought it.

          Store closed March 31,2008
           Archange closed soon after



Stiletto Moody 

          This place was the place to get very beautiful but very expensive shoes.  I rarely bought any of these shoes at full price (800-1000 L for shoes). Once the store called a sale, you had to fight to get into the sim and hope you didn't crash once you got there. 




What happened?  I am not really sure to be honest.  I stayed in the group until recently and noticed no action in that group for a long time.  (Last huge sale was Valentine's day 2012)  I went on the sim last year to look around and it was a ghost town.  The new shoes were the summer of 2011.  I read later that Stiletto was known for not paying his/her people in the creative process.  Its final nail in its coffin?  The horrible skins they developed.  In my opinion, she males in SL looked better than this.




Store closed Dec 2013 ??






        Another store of mine that I spent a lot of time in.  In SL, there is a fine line between trashy and a classic sexy.  Most lingerie stores in SL like that trashy, whore look.  Insolence was that classy sexy look that many could not achieve. For over six years, she kept us beautiful. The owner decided to stop creating, closing her store and leaving SL.  She does maintain a little store in a popular freebie place but hasn't added to her collection.  She keeps selling her items on the marketplace (Insolence)    RIP July 2012



                  




No comments:

Post a Comment