Monday, November 16, 2015

So much hate in the world today...

     I usually like to keep my SL life lighthearted affair.  Why drag my RL issues into the world.  I am not looking for therapy but just some time to relax and enjoy myself for awhile.  Sometimes RL just keeps getting in the way of your thoughts and your enjoyment of SL.
     A few days ago, Paris was attacked by ISIS. Again, we see innocent people hurt due to some radical agenda.  A day before that, Beirut attacked and the week prior, a Russia plane shot down.  Though that would bring enough sadness, I have read endless threads on my Facebook from my so called Christian friends requesting that we do not allow refugees into our country.
     The stereotyping of the people of Islam is appalling to me. Radical Christians do not reflect the actions of true Christians.  We as Christians know those do not reflect our teaching of Christ.  It sickens me when Westboro Baptist Church uses Christ to spread their hate.  So called Christians have bombed abortion clinics and killed doctors.  So why do we hold Muslims accountable for these radical Muslims yet we don't hold Christians accountable for radical Christians?

      Americans have been home for years for immigrants and refugees.  I am merely third generation American.  Throughout my life, I have watched Cuban refugees come into Florida.  They were not welcomed because they may bring their "Communist" ideals. After the Vietnam  War,  we had an influx of Vietnamese refugees.  Did they bring gloom and doom to the USA?  No, they brought more diversity to the USA.  By not allowing Syrian refugees, aren't we letting the radicals win?  Don't you think if the Western World denies a safe place  for these people to live, they won't start believing what the radicals are saying about us?  The radicals want want us to live in fear.  They want us to strike out against American Muslims;The one group they hate as much as American Christians.    They don't want us accepting their fellow countrymen because they will be proven liars. 



   Stay Safe James.  My partner had to travel overseas for business this week.  Luckily, it wasn't Europe this time but was unaware of what happened in Paris until he landed.  He was able to contact me so I don't worry and wish me a Happy Birthday. 
             I promise next blog entry:  Mesh hair..is it really a step forward ?

No comments:

Post a Comment